This 4 v 4 + 1 possession practice is a variation of the one previously presented (click here to read the article), and which was used for the second group, with odd number of players; a free player was introduced then, as “target player” before approaching the finishing phase.
The main objective is always to make the possession phase more concrete and effective and to try to finish many more times than the last season, when the possession phase didn’t lead to the final stage of the attacks and that didn’t create danger to the opponent’s goal sometimes.
To speed up the ball distrubution, to play vertically as soon as possible and to attack the depth both centrally and from the sidelines to the opponent’s goal are always included in the main objective: to finish within the shortest time possible.
The main rule before the finishing phase is: 1 point is won by the team that allows all the players to touch the ball with the least number of passing / receiving possible, before passing to the free player, who starts the final stage of the move.
Thus, to escape the marker and mobility become so important.
Two teams of 4 players eachand the free player are placed on a field of 30 x 20 m (4 mins work, 3 series – 2 mins. active rest) and they are positioned as follow:
- the yellow/blue team is placed with 2 midfielders and 2 forwards
- the team in black jersey is placed with 1 defender, 3 advanced midfielders
All the available players took part, in turn, to the exercise, beyond the specific role.
3 were the variations of the practice:
- Ball possession to make everyone touching the ball with the least number of passing/receiving
- Directed possession to get to the end zone, with all the players having touched the ball at least one time and with the least number of passings possible
- Possession to shoot on goal with all the players having touched the ball at least one time and with the least number of passings possible (1 more point is added to the one of the scored goal)
The main objective, as mentioned above, is to develop a fast, effective possession phase, training the skills to be placed and positioned with the right angle, according to the next action and to the finising phase.
NUMBERS OF PLAYERS:
Escape the marker
Efficacy of ball possession
cones, balls, bibs, mini goals
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!