Free ebooks library from www.worldclasscoaching.com for your drills, exercises and training sessions.
A Practical Guide to Tactical Periodization
A Practical Guide to Tactical Periodization is a unique guide on how to use the revolutionary concept of Game Models to create an entire season’s training that’s optimized for your team’s abilities, playing style and formation. Tactical Periodization is a secret weapon used by many of today’s elite coaches, and now you too can benefit thanks to the insights in this comprehensive guide
Pioneered at the highest level by Jose Mourinho when at FC Porto where he won the Champions League against all the odds, tactical periodization is now used by top pro clubs all over the world.
Included is a complete week of training sessions using the Tactical Periodization model.
27 Conditioning Drills
Soccer specific conditioning drills and exercises for your training sessions
- Improve anaerobic endurance with this 4v4 SSG
- Integrate sprints into your training sessions while using a ball
- Use these explosive, agility ball drills…your players will love them
- Improve agility and sprinting with these one-touch passing drills
- Coach technique while improving conditioning with these drills
- Build conditioning into your regular training sessions
- Integrate quick feet with ball drills
50 Small-Sided Games That Make a Difference
Transform your training sessions with these small-sided games
- SSGs of teams like Man City, PSV Eindhoven, Inter Milan, Juventus, FC Porto and many others.
- Players will love them
44 Small-Sided Games
Avoid useless waiting times to you players; let them play with different goals.
- Show your forwards how be excellent target players
- Improve the defensive pressure with this simple game
- Teach transition from from defense and midfield to attack
- Keep possession better by using this game
- Use these small-sided games with goals to coach shooting and finishing
- Learn how neutral players can really improve your small-sided games
- Games from 1v1 to 9v9 that will transform your sessions
Goalie Wars! Extras
Goalkeeper training in a competitive environment
Manchester United’s Peter Schmeichel, Manchester City’s Joe Hart and Real Madrid’s Iker Casillas have all been integral to their team’s success. A well trained goalkeeper gives the backline confidence knowing there is a formidable last line of defense, while strikers know they won’t be under constant pressure to make up for their goalkeeper’s ‘gaffes’. It’s a fact: an effective, well drilled and confident goalkeeper can be the decisive factor in a team’s performance. But all too often, the goalkeeper is the most ignored player in training.
This eBook shows you how to address this problem with drills and exercises that train your goalkeepers with the same intensity and pressure as the rest of your team.
Packed with detailed diagrams, the eBook contains 20 exercises where goalkeepers can train in an competitive environment.
- Footwork and technical warm-ups
- Throwing and distribution drills
- Shot stopping and touch training
- 4v4 with extra responsibilities for the goalkeeper
- Team trains the “keeper”
- 6v4 goalkeeper coordinating with the back line
- Corner kick game
50 Coaching Drills
Be effective while planning your training sessions
- Drills for attacking and shooting
- Teach your team how to defend from 1v1 to a zonal back four
- Lots of passing and possession drills
- New warm-ups that will get your team ready for practice and games
- Lots of small-sided games to energize your training sessions
Tactics of Top Pro Teams and Players
Coach, this ebook is useful to adapt the pro team tactics to your teams!
- The tactics Chelsea used to win the Champions League
- The (almost) secret tactic that has been a major factor in Barcelona’s success over the past few years…and it’s not what you think
- The tactics that makes Brazil the top national team year after year
- The tactics Man City used to contain Gareth Bale to get a victory over Spurs
- The tactics Real Madrid use to get the better of Barcelona
Complete Soccer Coaching Guide
The WCC Complete Soccer Coaching Guide contains 73 drills and exercises and is packed with a wide range of topics by soccer coaching expert, Lawrence Fine.
This book has over 140 pages that covers topics, from technical drills to conditioning to formations and small-sided games, these drills have been used by 1,000s of coaches from over 70 countries across the world to improve their coaching knowledge and the quality of their training sessions.
Here are just a few topics covered in the 140+ pages of this eBook.
- A warm-up that can be used before a training session or game
- A small-sided defending game
- Shooting and finishing to two goals
- A drill to work on the build up to the final third
- Points for skills game
- Circle Drills
- Combination play drill that works on finishing and goalkeeping
- A possession small-sided game
- An all-in-one drill
by Don Herlan
Keeping players motivated is never easy. They get bored fast, particularly if you’re setting up the same drills they’ve done before. So it’s vital to have fresh drills each and every week to keep enthusiasm high and to create challenging sessions that create big improvements.
Smedley’s Drills contains 70 new and fresh innovative soccer drills…enough to last you an entire season and keep your players interested.
- Dribbling drills, passing drills, shooting drills, defending drills, etc.
- Drills for in and around the penalty area
- Goalkeeping drills
- Drills for overlapping, combination play and possession play
- Small-sided games for all kinds of topics
Small-Sided Games to Train the 4-2-3-1
How to teach the 4-2-3-1 system of play through small-sided games.
One of the most important components of a training session is the ‘small-sided game’.
Whether it’s a local youth team, college team or a top professional team, they all use small-sided games to help their players make the transition from drills and exercises to real game situations.
It’s this transition that translates skills and techniques from practice into your game on the weekend.
29 Wcc Training Sessions
29 Wcc Training Sessions is an eBook that is packed with a wide range of drills and exercises by our world class coaching experts. Covering a wide range of topics, from technical drills to conditioning to formations, these drills have been used by 1,000s of coaches from over 70 countries across the world to improve their coaching knowledge and the quality of their training sessions.
From small-sided games, conditioning drills, functional sessions and complete training session, this eBook cover a wide spectrum of topics in the modern game. Rather than drills focuses on a specific topic, you gain a well rounded selection of drills and tactical guides you can use to make training more invigorating and challenging for players, and to improve your own coaching knowledge.
Here are just a few topics covered in the 100+ pages of this eBook:
- A Set Play That Works
- From Shooting to Finishing
- One Goal Games
- Pre-Season Conditioning
- Developing Vision Awareness
- Circle Drills
- Five Goal Game
- 2v1 Exercises
Pro Teams Tactics
Pro Team Tactics – A look at the methods and tactical approach of the world’s top teams is an eBook that contains over 50 pages of tactical observations of top teams like Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Barcelona and others. Superbly written by one of the world’s foremost tactical experts, Stevie Grieve, this eBook takes a look at various situations of top professional games featuring some of the world’s top teams and breaks them down tactically.
Grieve looks at the key tactics in games and how they were successful. As a coach, you can then take these same tactics onto the training field and into game situations to give your team an advantage over the opposition.
Here are the topics covered in this eBook.
- The Formation of the Future
- Borussia Dortmund’s Counter Attacking
- Chelsea’s Midfield Rotations
- Bayern Munich’s Attacking Movement
- Bayern Munich’s Defensive Aspects
- Porto’s Midfield Protection Tactics
- Liverpool’s Diamond Midfield
Training the Triangle Midfield
Whoever controls midfield controls the game. Discover how to utilize the triangle midfield to control possession and replicate the playing style of the world’s most technical team.
This FREE eBook will help you to master one of the most powerful weapons in the advanced coach’s arsenal. This special book covers how the triangle midfield can be utilized in many different formations, its functionality and how to train players to use it in possession, defense and attack. So now, your team can control the midfield.
- 10 exercises and small-sided games to train the core tactics of the Triangle Midfield
- Explains the Triangle Midfield tactics used by the pro’s and how you can use it with your team
- Implement and train a three man midfield for a variety of formations
- Both attacking and defending exercises
Are you planning your next training session?
Have a look to Lucamistercalcio’s ideas to adapt them to your goals, teams and players